My 2 cents

It's not what you don't know that kills you. It's what you don't know that you don't know that does you in!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Margaritaville, Canada

Man Law - Thoughts from the grill

Thursday, September 05, 2019

Resurrection

Before I tell you about this new show I have been watching, I need to make a confession. I am probably the worst person to ask for recommendation on new shows. This is mainly because I don’t watch a lot of TV. I am not really into Movies either. Something about sitting idle for 2-3 hours just rubs me the wrong way.

Having said that, I have watched all the critically acclaimed shows like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and House of Cards. I feel House of Cards doesn’t get as much credit as the other two. May be it’s the political jargon they use that many people in the United States won’t even know. What the heck is a filibuster again? But Kevin Spacey, despite all his recent personal issues, is nothing short of Genius. My anticipation for its last season dropped massively when I heard it wouldn’t have Spacey. But I digress.

Ertugrul is set in the 13th century. The nerd in me wanted to watch this show for its historical reference. I had read about the Knights Templars and the Crusades. Ertugrul is about Resurrection. All the difficult times the Turks faced, at the hands of the Templars, and the Mongols. It is how the Ottoman empire came about and grew to be one of the most powerful states in the world. It is how Muslims reclaimed their long lost glory. 

A history lesson, dramatized for tv audience, filled with drama, treachery, and sword wielding knights? Sign me up!  

I am on the Third season of the show. So I must have watched about 200 episodes. Yes, that’s right! 200 something episodes in, I am still not bored. Did I mention I don’t watch a lot of TV? This show is so riveting; I don’t want it to end. Now I have heard Netflix only carries the first 3 seasons, which is a bummer. I am not really good with Torrents and I don’t know where to find episodes online with English Subtitles.

For those who are looking for the next show to binge watch, I would highly recommend Ertugrul. Those little snippets with “Ibn-al-Arabi” will surely put you in a trance. And who knows, you might even pick up some Turkish.

Vallahi, this show is çok Guzel.

Aye-Wallah 

Welcome to my blog. "Wawaveewa!! I hope you laaike .. it's nice .. i laaaike" (Borat)