My 2 cents

It's not what you don't know that kills you. It's what you don't know that you don't know that does you in!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Margaritaville, Canada

Man Law - Thoughts from the grill

Tuesday, October 08, 2019

Mental Health: Joker  

Joaquin Phoenix more than lived up to the hype. I’m sure Heath Ledger will be smiling down from Heaven. Brace yourselves for a whole new set of laughter ringtones after this movie. 

Coming back to the character of Joker. His brand of justice, as gory and aggressive as it may be, is understandable at some empathetic level. You put yourself in his place and see what you may have felt if the world had shut you out. It really is a scary world out there when you think of how our personal interests get in the way of basic human courtesy. The shock value aside, the instant gratification and validation Joker felt with his escalating violence indicates there really was something missing in the society he was dealing with. I wonder how many people we have around us that are also at their breaking point. 

Mental Health is no laughing matter. Period. 

Welcome to my blog. "Wawaveewa!! I hope you laaike .. it's nice .. i laaaike" (Borat)